My name is Giang Tung Tong (in Vietnamese: Tống Tùng Giang). I am a game programmer from Hanoi, Vietnam, with three years of professional game programming experience. I consider myself a combination of a passionate and disciplined attitude and a clever brain. My solutions are created by smartly combining my knowledge in computer science and mathematics.
You can contact me via one of the following media:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cellphone: (+84) 38 7403631
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/tongtunggiang/
- Skype: tongtunggiang
Gameplay Programmer – Hiker Games, Hanoi, Vietnam
June 2017 to present
Project: Arena of Survivors
- Development process used Unity 2017, Photon Unity SDK, Photon Quantum SDK.
- Take the main responsibility for most gameplay tasks, including input handler, core mechanics, network replication and data structures.
- Assists teammates on other work, such as UI development or development tools in free time in the office.
- Lead the learning and adapting process of Exit Games’ Photon Unity Network SDK, and later, Quantum Deterministic SDK for the team.
- Build a successful workflow based on git branching and Jenkins automated builds.
- Get myself familiar with a wide range of concepts along the way, including (notably) the Entity-Component-System (ECS) programming model, C# unsafe code, network optimization, and CI/CD environment.
- Perform network and gameplay optimization.
Project: FZ9 Timeshift
- Development process used Unity 5.6.
- Fix legacy bugs and refactor spaghetti code pieces.
- Work closely with game designers to deliver new features and content.
- Design and develop data structures to store configurations of new PvP mode, where players build their base to store their gold and get more of that by invading others’ bases.
- Expand the replay feature for the new PvP mode, where players can check how did other ones solve their formation.
- Design and program new features with code cleanness in mind.
- Using FSM and State pattern to create the boss of the story mode’s chapter 7.
Programmer, Tofu Games, Hanoi, Vietnam
October 2016 to June 2017
- Development process used Unity 5.6.
- Refactor old ugly code base.
- Develop gameplay systems: player combat system, enemy system and weapon system.
- Develop a simple 2D timeline system to play 2D cutscenes that can be triggered by various conditions.
- Create a data-oriented behaviour tree system for NPCs.
- Design and program data structures for storing player progress and inventories.
- Apply the git-branching model and train other teammates to use that.
- Assist other programmers when they need technical advice or a solution.
- Perform game optimizations
Intern Programmer, Hiker Games
May 2015 to May 2016
- Create game prototypes, based on ideas submitted by senior studio members.
- Improve the gameplay experience by suggesting and implementing modifications.
- Strong knowledge in a wide range of disciplines, including computer science, artificial intelligence, mathematics and physics.
- Good understanding of C# and C++.
- Comfortable with Unity and Unreal Engine 4.
- Familiar with software engineering practices and environments, such as version control software, bug tracking tools or sprint plans.
- Strong knowledge about OOP and design patterns.
- Excellent debugging skills.
- Able to see the project as a whole, analyze and evaluate the pros and cons while designing solutions.
- Possess a strong willingness and get better by learning and sharing.
- Very responsible, disciplined and passionate.
- Able to deliver efficient cross-department communications.
- Hanoi University of Science and Technology
September 2012 to June 2017
The Degree of Engineer in Software Engineering, Very Good Classification.
- Tokyo University of Agriculture and Technology: Exchange Student
September 2015 to December 2015